How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Wonderful, I hope.
I'm back from Chicago, where Jason and I had a great time with family and good friends. Highlights of our trip included:
- Lots of cooking. We made a yummy stuffing which will henceforth be known as the Simon & Garfunkel stuffing because it included copious amounts of parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme).
- Lots of eating, of course (and maybe some wine drinking too...).
- Enjoying a houseful of three adorable dogs (my parent's dog Kiwi plus Gatsby and Squirt, the respective pups of several friends who were visiting).
- Visiting the Art Institute of Chicago and walking around downtown (pictured above).
- Delicious Mexican food at Fuego. It is seriously the best Mexican food ever...I wish we had one in the DC area.
- Going on a run with Jason through my parent's neighborhood and doing Zumba with my mom. She was recently certified as a Zumba instructor!
- Introducing Jason to even more of my mom's relatives. She has a BIG family. As in, 50 first cousins. I think the poor guy is maybe starting to learn some names...
- Picking up Barbara Kingsolver's latest at the airport to enjoy on the flight home, which I now cannot put down.
Now it's time to start seriously getting ready for Christmas, which is truly one of my favorite times of the year. We picked out a tree and decorated it before we left for Chicago, and it was so nice to come home to it last night. It really gives the condo a home-y, cozy feel. I'll post pictures soon!
Photo of the Chicago River by my sister, Ilse B..