6.05.2012

Down for the Count


After a weekend that included a long (for me) run, a hike in the searing heat, and a super-detoxifying yoga class, I awoke this morning to realize I may have asked just a wee bit too much of my body. Fever. Body aches. Sore throat. Yuck.


Thankfully, I was able to work from home most of the day. Now it's time for my immune defense remedy: endless mugs of ginger tea, a big bowl of nourishing soup, and the next delicious chapter of The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels with a few Hulu episodes of Revenge thrown in for good measure. Clean eating + light reading + delightfully trashy TV = my surefire formula for recovery. That and plenty of sleep.

Wishing you a happy and healthy week!

P.S. What's your favorite sick day recipe?

Instagram photo by me

3 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Masala-ginger-mint chai with biscuits (the English kind), an afternoon nap on the couch with sunshine streaming in through the blinds, some of Mom's delicious South Indian food, cups of ginger tea... Yum.

Mercedes said...

P.S. LOVE Revenge!!!

Mercedes said...

Lots of h20 & sleep!!! Always does the trick! The key is listening to our bodies all the time so that we can prevent the sickness by keying in on the signs that the illness is coming. Hope you are feeling better! My heart always beats a bit faster when I see a new post from you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails