Sunday mornings are the perfect time for dreaming and scheming. This morning I sat down with my favorite coffee mug and spent a few minutes reflecting on the Mondo Beyondo list (essentially a "bucket list") I created in early 2010. It was amazing to see how many of my dreams I'd accomplished since the time I first wrote my list. I adopted a rescue dog. Traveled Italy. Grew an herb and vegetable garden. Went white-water rafting. Began a journey toward my healthiest self that revealed a passion for holistic health and wellness.
It was also interesting to see how my list has changed and evolved. Certain dreams remain the same. (Be a mom. Buy a bungalow. Play piano daily. Get certified to teach yoga. Begin a non-profit yoga & wellness center.) Certain others have been edited or taken on different forms, and some have been deleted altogether.
As 2011 winds down, it feels like the right time to update my list. To start fresh with a set of goals & dreams that ring true for me right now, at this moment in time. I'm sure the list will continue to evolve, as I grow and learn more about myself.
Updated Mondo Beyondo Dreams
Travel & Adventure
- Surf Goddess (surf, yoga, & spa) retreat in Bali
- Explore Spain's Costa Brava, Pyrenees, and Barcelona by bike
- Complete Baron Baptiste power yoga Level 1 training in Hawaii
- Spend a month backpacking Thailand, Nepal, and India with no specific plans or itinerary
- Go wine-tasting in Chile & Argentina
- Visit the elephant sanctuary in Hohenwald, TN
- Kayak the San Juan Islands
- Attend a Squam Art Workshop
Personal & Health
- Get a tattoo
- Earn my 200-hr yoga teacher certification
- Eat dinner on on organic farm
- Eat at The French Laundry
- Celebrate my 30th birthday at a quiet and romantic restaurant with my husband, sipping wine and dining on oysters and Caesar salad
- Have a family
- Cook an entire menu from Chez Panisse, from scratch
- Take hip-hop dance classes (<--took my first one last week!)
- Spend a week at a wellness spa
- Buy a bungalow in a metropolitan city in the Pacific Northwest
- Set aside money for monthly deep tissue massage and acupuncture treatments
- Learn to speak Italian
- Ride my bike to work
- Purchase a piano and play daily
Career & Community
- Start a non-profit wellness center that provides complimentary yoga classes, health counseling, and other holistic health services, housed in renovated townhouse with an adjoining tea room and café
- Give a TED talk on the power of possibility and goal-setting
- Donate 10% of my income to charitable causes
- Host a community-wide charitable event with proceeds benefiting local farmers and access to local foods
- Write a column for Whole Living
- Become lululemon's Head of People Development and/or Director of Possibility
- Serve on the board of The Awesome Food Foundation
It feels a little scary to put all this out there, but really good and exciting at the same time.
Have you updated your bucket list lately? I'd love to read yours, if you'd like to share. Have a lovely rest of your weekend, and happy dreaming.