3.04.2010

The NEO-traditionalist Manifesto

I recently stumbled upon the loveliest blog. The NEO-traditionalist is penned by Kate, whose interests include "reading biographies, scouring rummage sales, listening to NPR's This American Life, eating banana cupcakes, quoting Diana Vreeland, and dreaming up whimsical names for her future children." Clearly, we were meant to be best friends, don't you think?

I totally swooned over her Neo-traditionalist Manifesto, which Kate kindly gave me permission to share with you all.

We believe...

We believe in being glass-half-full sorts of girls.


We believe that often times, granny is chic.


We believe in peddling vintage Schwinns with flower baskets.


We believe in poetry, picnics, and piñatas.


We believe one is never too old to keep a diary, the secrets only grow more scandalous.


We believe in arranging fresh flowers unruly like an English garden.


We believe in adventure and traveling the globe, be it to Marrakech or Malibu.


We believe in mixing lucite with oriental rugs. Thrift store finds with heirlooms.


We believe in handwritten thank you notes, better late than never.


We believe in needlepoint, letterpress, decoupage and forgiving Martha Stewart.


We believe in piggy banks and cookie jars.


We believe in book clubs full of Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Austen and Woolf.


We believe station wagons are hopelessly chic.


We believe in recycling our Grandmothers’ names. Eloise, Jackie, Faye…


We believe in collecting: stamps, shells, books, big glittering diamonds…


We believe in marrying the boy that writes us the best love letters.


We believe in highly competitive board games—Chess, Scrabble, Chutes & Ladders.


We believe in spontaneous road trips and charming, chintzy bed & breakfasts.


We believe there’s something to fortune cookies, wishbones and 4 leaf clovers.


We believe in classics, shaken and stirred.


Love, love, love. Definitely hop on over and check out Kate's blog and her adorable vintage Etsy shop!


Image via Kate's Etsy shop.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, can I be best friends with you two also?!?!?

stephanie alaine said...

omg this MUST be the manifesta of my life!!! seriously! with every new "we believe..." i was thinking "HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE!?!" i sense a trip to claire's for a BFF necklace to send you both a third of my heart! gush! i love it!

Analiese said...

Kirsten and Stephanie - Yes! :-) And Stephanie, that just brought back a totally vivid memory of exchanging BFF necklace parts with my childhood best friend! And I'm pretty sure it was from Claire's!

Lavanya said...

ooh- can i join too..:D.

I totally identity with Kate's manifesto and interests (and yours)!! *love* Thank you, Analiese for sharing

especially love:" We believe that often times, granny is chic.", "We believe in poetry, picnics, and piñatas", and "We believe in book clubs full of Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Austen and Woolf." and..ok- I'll stop- I realized I feel like copying and pasting almost the whole manifesto..lol




*off to check out her blog and shop*

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

You are all TOO cute! So flattered you like my little manifesto---it was such fun to brainstorm. I came up with it before I launched my blog as a little identity exercise. It's so funny because some people could care less and others just GET IT. Clearly you ladies are kindred spirits! XOXOXO

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

omg, I freaking LOVE this- LOVE.

Courtney Elizabeth said...

Wonderful find! Already added to my Google Reader.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails