5.20.2009

The Art of Tea




For the past year or so, I've been having a love affair with Teaism, a sweet little Asian-inspired teahouse located just a couple blocks from the museum where I work. In addition to its extensive collection of teas from around the world, Teaism's menu is filled with all kinds of yummy Pan-Asian cuisine, such as Japanese Bento boxes, Thai curries, and Chinese Noodle soup, plus homemade veggie burgers, salads, and wraps, all of it delicious and healthy. On days when I don't have time to pack a lunch or am running low on groceries, Teaism is my default lunch option. I'm also a big fan of the Zhenzhou Pearls (bubble tea) and the to-die-for sweet and savory Salty Oat cookie - perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up!

After placing my order, I like to check out Teaism's selection of funky and colorful tea accessories (pictured above). They carry all sorts of gorgeous artisan-made mugs, strainers, tea kettles...you name it. Their displays never fail to inspire me with their cool, yet cheerful, Zen-like order and the promise of lazy weekends spent curled up with a good book and a mug of of my favorite tea.

Today, Sally Jaffee's stoneware caught my eye (her "Fish Tray" is pictured at right). Sally's designs are inspired by the minimalist beauty of the Japanese artistic tradition, and hand etched through layers of slip on white stoneware. I'm digging the red, white, and black motif. Absolutely gorgeous, no?

Photos of Teaism via Apartment Therapy.

Photo of Sally Jaffee stoneware via Sally Jaffee's website.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails