We had an amazing time on our whitewater rafting/camping trip in beautiful Oak Hill, West Virginia. I didn't bring my camera because I was worried it would get lost, stolen, or drowned, so alas, I don't have photos to share. Believe me when I say though, that rafting on Class IV and V rapids is a serious rush, and I highly recommend trying it at least once in your life. Oh, and I got to meet up with a dear blog friend, Rachel, who happened to be rafting and camping the same weekend! She was just as sweet as I'd expected, and we totally hit it off. What a joy to spend some time with this kindred spirit!
Here's a little peek at what else I've been up to this week:
- Savoring a deep tissue massage, the final of three that Jason gave me as a wedding gift
- Working on a Wellness Manifesto (which I can't wait to share with you all)
- Planning a kayaking excursion with our good friends, Dan and Steph, for this upcoming weekend
- Reviewing and updating short and long-term goals
- Devouring Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life (full of great info about the benefits of a plant-based diet, for athletes and the rest of us regular folks)
- Dinner at Busboys & Poets with Jason, my sister, and Selena
- Planning trips to Chicago (Sept. 2-6)and Boulder/Denver (Oct. 8-11) to spend time with family and friends
- Crafting my next Foodie Friday post for Tranquility du Jour (to be published tomorrow)
- Carving out time for running and yoga
It's definitely one of those weeks where my energy feels pulled in many different directions, and though much of it is fun stuff, I still find that it's important to stay centered. Deep breaths, pockets of solitude, and plenty of self-care help me focus and keep the monkey mind at bay.
How do you stay focused during a busy week?