8.26.2010

If I just breathe...

Hello!  Wow - where did this week go?  I feel like I blinked and suddenly it was Thursday!

W
e had an amazing time on our whitewater rafting/camping trip in beautiful Oak Hill, West Virginia.  I didn't bring my camera because I was worried it would get lost, stolen, or drowned, so alas, I don't have photos to share.  Believe me when I say though, that rafting on Class IV and V rapids is a serious rush, and I highly recommend trying it at least once in your life.  Oh, and I got to meet up with a dear blog friend, Rachel, who happened to be rafting and camping the same weekend!  She was just as sweet as I'd expected, and we totally hit it off.  What a joy to spend some time with this kindred spirit!

H
ere's a little peek at what else I've been up to this week:


  • Savoring a deep tissue massage, the final of three that Jason gave me as a wedding gift
  • Working on a Wellness Manifesto (which I can't wait to share with you all)
  • Planning a kayaking excursion with our good friends, Dan and Steph, for this upcoming weekend
  • Reviewing and updating short and long-term goals
  • Devouring Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life (full of great info about the benefits of a plant-based diet, for athletes and the rest of us regular folks)
  • Dinner at Busboys & Poets with Jason, my sister, and Selena
  • Planning trips to Chicago (Sept. 2-6)and Boulder/Denver (Oct. 8-11) to spend time with family and friends
  • Crafting my next Foodie Friday post for Tranquility du Jour (to be published tomorrow)
  • Carving out time for running and yoga

It's definitely one of those weeks where my energy feels pulled in many different directions, and though much of it is fun stuff, I still find that it's important to stay centered.  Deep breaths, pockets of solitude, and plenty of self-care help me focus and keep the monkey mind at bay.

H
ow do you stay focused during a busy week?

2 comments:

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini said...

Yoga and cycling. Yoga is where I get re-centred and then all my "great" ideas come to me on my bike. I'm surprised I don't fall off my bike more.

Rachel said...

It was amazing to meet you! Really! Chad and I had so much fun with you and Jason! When we left we both said it's a shame we don't live closer! I hope you'll keep in touch! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails