9.08.2009

Le Weekend

Hello, everyone! How was your long weekend?

I was feeling a bit under the weather at the beginning of the weekend, but we made it to Harper's Ferry and had a delicious time exploring and whitewater tubing down the Potomac. We had a great meal al fresco at this charming little cafe (I had a fabulous eggplant-pesto-mozzarella sandwich), and we even got in a run along a beautiful trail that runs adjacent to the town. I highly recommend Harper's Ferry as a great daytrip for those of you who live within driving distance! I'll post pictures soon.

I spent yesterday getting in some much-needed R&R, starting with a long hot bath, pedicure, and facial. Then it was time for a couple hours of journaling and working on a book idea (more on that later!) in bed, a mug of coffee in hand. After a yummy lunch (chicken, lettuce, guacamole, scallions, and shredded cheddar cheese on a spinach tortilla wrap), we sprawled out on the couch for a Mad Men marathon (we are almost to the end of Season 2, so don't talk to me about the current season if you watch it!). After dinner and a massage from Jason, I drifted off into a wonderfully relaxed sleep.

Aren't three-day weekends the best?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds lovely! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Melita said...

sounds fantastic! can't wait to see the pics. i'm so glad you had such a good time.

green ink said...

Sounda fabulous! I'm looking forward to a little R&R soon. My toes are crying for a pedicure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails