6.17.2010

Wedding prep "boot camp"

The wedding is less than ten days away (WHOA) and I couldn't be more excited to see our family and friends, and of course - to get married! With only a week and a half to go, I've officially immersed myself in my own little body & mind wedding prep "boot camp" to ensure I'm feeling my best on the big day.  I should note that this is not about losing weight (in fact, I'm under strict orders from my seamstress not to lose any more weight so that my dress doesn't "fall off" - yikes!).  Rather, it's about maintaining a sense of serenity throughout the week's festivities and being my best, most vibrant, relaxed, and glowy self when I walk down that aisle.

So, you might wonder, what's the "boot camp" part?  Glad you asked!  Here's what it entails..
.

Body & Mind Wedding Prep "Boot Camp
"
Exercise:

  • Alternating days of running (usually 5 miles) and yoga (60 or 90-minute class)
  • In addition to the above, going on walks and/or tossing a Frisbee with Jason several times a week
Food:
  • Lots of fresh veggies and whole grains, which provide a steady flow of calm energy throughout the day
  • Healthy fats in the form of avocado (can't get enough), raw almonds, walnuts, ground flax seeds (sprinkled over oatmeal, salads, etc.), small amounts of wild salmon, and other foods rich in Omega 3s - essential for glowing skin and healthy hair!
  • Tons of fresh fruit: grapes, strawberries, mangoes, apples, watermelon, etc. (Aside from containing tons of vitamins and nutrients, fruit, with its high water content, is super hydrating!)
  • Speaking of hydration - LOTS of water and herbal tea
  • No meat, dairy, sugar, coffee, alcohol (aside from that glass of wine yesterday - oops), overly processed foods, or white starches (bread, pasta, etc.).  I try to avoid these things for the most part anyway.
Peace of Mind/Stress Relief:
  • Yoga definitely fits into this category as well!
  • Mini meditation sessions throughout the day
  • Deep tissue massage two days ago (I was SO sore afterwards, but now I feel so good)
  • Deep breaths.  Lots of 'em.
Etc.
  • Going to bed super early...I'm talking 9pm or so.  This means I'm getting 8-9 hours of sleep per night which feels amazing.
  • Plenty of at-home spa treatments - mud masks, exfoliating with my loofah, etc.
  • And, being grateful every second of the day that I'm marrying such an amazing man!
P.S. I know I promised to share a bit more about the exercises that helped me discover my Style Statement, but guess what?!  Carrie contacted me on Monday and asked if she could feature my style statement story on the website!  So, instead of posting here yesterday, I spent some time putting together material for Carrie to share with her readers.  I'll let you know when the feature is posted so that you can hop on over there and check it out!

xo,

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Don't know what I'm more jealous of...that your wedding is in 10 days or your recent deep tissue massage!

Good luck with your boot camp, thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

So exciting!!!

And I think it's really nice that you're getting yourself all physically prepared as well as mentally and emotionally (and not in the way that lots of women prepare - with lots of crash dieting and stressing out).

Hope the wedding - and the run-up to it - goes beautifully.

Can't wait to see the photos afterwards! xxx

Ana Degenaar said...

I wish I could re-married my husband just so that we could have the exact same wedding and reception, I loved my wedding and enjoyed every minute of the preps. Good luck to you♥

Kim said...

I just started following your blog and I'm so glad I did!! You are going to be a GORGEOUS, glowing bride! And if you don't know how to pose for wedding pictures, just remember: Phrasaklea, Phrasa- Phrasa-klea (I know I'm butchering the spelling) <3.

Robyn Thompson said...

beautiful and healthy, ani!
i wish you all the best for your big day!

i had some leftover edamame beans (steamed and chilled), and i threw them into my spinach-mango smoothie this morning... earthy and so vividly green, it's a fun change! you may want to try it on your smoothie kick!

Carolyn said...

Happy wedding weekend!! Relax and enjoy!! xoxo

Sarah said...

Congrats!

And wow! You rock! I am loving your exercise dedication and wish I could kick my own butt into that kind of gear! Very inspiring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails