So, you might wonder, what's the "boot camp" part? Glad you asked! Here's what it entails...
Body & Mind Wedding Prep "Boot Camp
- Alternating days of running (usually 5 miles) and yoga (60 or 90-minute class)
- In addition to the above, going on walks and/or tossing a Frisbee with Jason several times a week
- Lots of fresh veggies and whole grains, which provide a steady flow of calm energy throughout the day
- Healthy fats in the form of avocado (can't get enough), raw almonds, walnuts, ground flax seeds (sprinkled over oatmeal, salads, etc.), small amounts of wild salmon, and other foods rich in Omega 3s - essential for glowing skin and healthy hair!
- Tons of fresh fruit: grapes, strawberries, mangoes, apples, watermelon, etc. (Aside from containing tons of vitamins and nutrients, fruit, with its high water content, is super hydrating!)
- Speaking of hydration - LOTS of water and herbal tea
- No meat, dairy, sugar, coffee, alcohol (aside from that glass of wine yesterday - oops), overly processed foods, or white starches (bread, pasta, etc.). I try to avoid these things for the most part anyway.
Peace of Mind/Stress Relief:
- Yoga definitely fits into this category as well!
- Mini meditation sessions throughout the day
- Deep tissue massage two days ago (I was SO sore afterwards, but now I feel so good)
- Deep breaths. Lots of 'em.
P.S. I know I promised to share a bit more about the exercises that helped me discover my Style Statement, but guess what?! Carrie contacted me on Monday and asked if she could feature my style statement story on the website! So, instead of posting here yesterday, I spent some time putting together material for Carrie to share with her readers. I'll let you know when the feature is posted so that you can hop on over there and check it out!
- Going to bed super early...I'm talking 9pm or so. This means I'm getting 8-9 hours of sleep per night which feels amazing.
- Plenty of at-home spa treatments - mud masks, exfoliating with my loofah, etc.
- And, being grateful every second of the day that I'm marrying such an amazing man!