7.30.2009

About

Hello!  I'm a writer, yogini, tea addict, outdoors-enthusiast, and aspiring organic chef.  I was born and raised in the Midwest, and now live with my husband in Annapolis, MD, a beautiful town outside of Washington, DC.  We got married in June of 2010, and recently returned from our honeymoon in Italy, where we hiked the Cinque Terre and Tuscany.  (You can check out our honeymoon photos herehere, and here, if you'd like.)

I love to cook and I'm passionate about good, clean, and fair food.  Sustainably sourced + organic (when possible) + the freshest ingredients available is my philosophy when it comes to food and cooking.  I recently transitioned to a mostly vegetarian way of eating (I say "mostly" because I still eat the occasional piece of wild-caught fish).  I love to write about food and food issues, and am honing my food photography abilities.  

Over the past two years, I've immersed myself in the practice of yoga.  Yoga has changed my life in so many ways, and my dream is to one day teach others.  I try to integrate elements of yoga - such as setting an intention, seeking balance, and finding my "edge" -  into my day-to-day life.

When I'm not cooking or practicing yoga, I'm probably reading, writing, running, hiking, kayaking, tending to our herb garden, visiting museums and farmers markets, or spending time with friends and family.


This is my blog about food, yoga, inspiration, and my quest to build a creative and holistic life. 

You can contact me at tulipsandtea@gmail.com.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails