9.22.2010

Waiting

Guess what?  We submitted an adoption application for this little gal on Sunday.  We're supposed to hear something within the week.  I don't think I can remember a week ever going this slowly.  I wasn't going to say anything until we found out one way or another, but I'm dying of anticipation over here and needed to get it off my chest.


She's a Daschund/Jack Russell Terrier mix.  6 pounds, 100% sweetheart.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but well...it's a little late for that.


It's been a long-time dream of mine to adopt a shelter dog, and after much consideration, Jason and I are ready to welcome a furry companion into our lives.  It feels like we're so close...keep your fingers crossed.    

7 comments:

Rachel @ SuburbanYogini said...

fingers and toes crossed for you!

Kristin said...

I'm so happy to see you're choosing adoption! She looks adorable and I'm sure will make a lovely addition to you family. Goodluck and keep us posted!

Caffeinated Weka said...

She's gorgeous! Fingers crossed ...

Unknown said...

She is so adorable! I want a dachsund so bad. I hope you get yours. :)

Lauren
Lrstewart0711.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ahhhh good luck...although i don't think you will need it! i know you guys would make great doggie parents. and so glad you are adopting a shelter pup. i have a stray that i have had for 12 yrs and a rescue dog that i have had for 7 and they are THE BEST dogs ever.

can't wait to hear the great news!!

Anonymous said...

I so hope you get that precious pup!!

Meg said...

she's so cute! you seem like a stable & loving couple, i'm sure you'll have no trouble showing the shelter people that you're the perfect parents for this adorable little girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails