9.07.2010

Weekend in Chicago

Why, hello there!  How was your Labor Day weekend?  I realized on Thursday, while sitting on an airplane to Chicago's O'Hare Airport, that I completely forgot to even mention that I'd be in the Windy City for the long weekend.  My parents hosted a mini wedding reception at their place for all the Chicago-based friends and family who couldn't make it to our Annapolis wedding.  Jason's parents and sister joined us, and since they'd never been to Chicago, we had a blast showing them around.

Here are some of my favorite moments from the weekend.

Such a beautiful skyline, no?

Posing next to the reflective jelly bean at Millenium Park
Jason's mom and dad with their reflective alter egos
Here's a better view of the jelly bean itself
We took an architectural boat tour.  Chicago has some amazing architecture, and even though I've taken this tour several times before, it never gets old.
Gorgeous, isn't it?
Here we are, enjoying my parents' beautiful backyard before the guests arrived
There were blondies, brownies, and blueberry tarts...oh my!
Hanging out with Kaitlyn, the daughter of my mom's cousin.  Is she cute or what?
My parents' Italian neighbors have adorable little Italian sons named Luca and Mattheo.  They made me this awesome accordion card.  
It says, "Have a nice marriage!  Analiese + Jason."  How cute is that?!
It was a wonderful weekend, and I was sad to leave!  I'm looking forward to this week though, which I'm dedicating to self-care, i.e. lots of fresh and healthy foods (I'll be posting some recipes this week!), yoga, running, and catching up on sleep!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome vacay!

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. I love the architecture in cities like NYC and Chicago - that's one downside to DC - I actually wish the building were taller :)

Unknown said...

i just posted about chicago a few days ago. miss that city so much! glad you had a great trip...you are looking very tan and glow-y my friend :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails